Friday, August 17, 2007

life long learning

i'm really jazzed about tech trek 2.0 now that i've actually taken the first step of the process and viewed the presentation about life long learning. i'm kind of a procrastinator by nature, but i'm tackling this thing with a vengeance! i like to think that i am a pretty open-minded person who is receptive to new ideas and i am constantly trying to learn and do new things in both my personal and professional life. so i feel like i am already in the right frame of mind to begin this journey. some positive ideas that stuck with me from the presentation are "I will...I can...I do" and "attitude is everything". my response: ain't that the truth! (i'm a firm believer in self-prophecy.)

so... i predict that i will not only succeed at this little endeavor, but also enjoy it immensely. my numero uno goal is to come away from this experience with some tech savvy that i can utilize for programming and promoting the library. i really, *really* want to start a book club for my afterschool kids that will incorporate blogging book reviews and reccomendations for the kids.

the easiest of the "7.5 habits" for me is definitely to play! i am a children's librarian so it comes naturallly to me to play while learning (and vice versa). the hardest habit for me will be "to view problems as challenges". i'm quite comfortable with viewing obstacles as learning opportunities but i am easily frustrated by "technical difficulties" that are normally due to software and equipment problems. the solution? patience, grasshopper.....

No comments: